How We Can Give
“Anyone who thinks they are too small to make a difference has never tried to fall asleep with a mosquito in the room” - Christine Todd Whitman
We usually correlate giving in financial terms and indeed we will discuss these in detail; however it includes much more than this. Giving is actually a mindset that enables us to look beyond our own circumstances and see a much bigger picture; it enables us to truly appreciate the needs of others and bring whatever resources we have to make the world a better place.
For example, in this context, giving could also include:
- a smile
- a kind word
- our time
- sharing our talents and gifts
- asking if we can help someone
- listening to someone who is hurting
- proactively observing people to see if there might be a need
- helping others who are in a better situation or better equipped to provide help
- sending a note or card to someone
- mowing the lawn or taking food to a neighbor who is sick
Also, see ideas for children; adults and families; and groups in the faith-based section.